12.18.2013

Job Life 101: Nuggets of Wisdom- Sending Your Application

Finally I have thought of something sensible to write about which I can do on a regular basis. Anyway, currently I am working as the marketing supervisor for the company I work in. I feel that I was thrown in the position too soon considering my career so far (I only graduate last March 2013 and as of this writing this is my 5th month at work).

As a supervisor, one of my concerns is to screen applicants and find out who fits to work with me in my team. Apparently, I discovered, that a cover letter is a very important part in sending your application. There were a lot of applicants who just submitted their resume without even indicating the position that they are applying for. What the heck am I supposed to do with your application if you just sent your resume?

A cover letter shows your sincerity and courtesy in the job and the company you are applying for. If you think that you can score an interview if you mass send your application (one applicant even had more than 15 recipients in his/her email), it does exactly the opposite of that. No one will waste their time entertaining your application (or if they are sorely desperate, maybe they will). So yeah, if you are sitting on your lazy bum waiting for a callback, maybe you didn't include a cover letter. Better get started to writing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment