1.27.2015

Review: Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie

I don't like to hoard on make- up. I tend to stick to what works for me. With that said, I have to find the right lipstick that can work for any occasion, day to night. After more than a year, my Krave Cosmeceutical Lip & Cheek Salve finally had to retire this week since I already reached the flat bottom. So once again I was on a hunt to find the perfect lipstick.

Oh, did I mention that I am extremely picky when it comes to my make-up's ingredients? I'd always go for the organic and chemical-free. However, here in Davao it's hard to find that perfect make- up line. It's a pain having to order online and paying the shipping fee.

I ordered Virgina Olsen in Lazada but it was almost 3 weeks since my order. I got tired of waiting and resorted to what's available at the malls.

After hours of research (yes, I do research before I make a purchase), I stumbled on a review of Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie. I remembered that Abreeza's Chimes had this, so decided to give it a try (honestly I just got tired of hunting for the right lipstick).



This costs Php 499. 00. Net weight: 2.7g


I got mine in 'My first time'

So this product claims:

This lippie offers three- fold "lip- service": the shine of a gloss, the pigment of a lipstick, & the hydration of a balm! Spoil yourself with Shea butter & Collagen to keep your lips in lip- lockin' shape!




Ingredients list 
There are still ingredients that I don't even know or can't pronounce (red alert!) but there's no paraben in it, which is nice.


Swatch
(very dark pink to red)

Thoughts: After I paid for this, I immediately went tot the ladies' room and tried it. It's got good coverage but I was surprised it felt matte (despite its promise). I actually liked the matte finish. I'm not so sure about the hydrating part. I thought it would be buttery and soft but it felt dry. It also wasn't glossy like your regular lip gloss. As I went home, my lips felt dry.  For the dry issue part, a little lip balm would fix it.

  • The product reminds me of those jumbo crayons in preschool. I think this will last for a veeerrryyy loooonnnggg time (no lipstick reviews any time soon).
  • It also doesn't have any scent (a plus for some maybe?).
  • It's pigmented alright. A few light dabs is perfect for a casual everyday look. A full on swipe will give a classy full color perfect for formal occasions or romantic evenings.

Yay :)
  • Very pigmented- a few light dabs is enough for an everyday look.
  • Lasts you a long time = value for your money


Nay :(
  • Makes your lips feel dry


Overall, if you want a lippie that will give you a full color even with a few light dab, then I say go for this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment