7.22.2014

When the going gets tough


A year has already passed since I graduated from college. My first year in the working world was a whirl of jumping from one job to another, of migraines and dampened idealism. I think I'm not alone with this kind of experience, with this new breed of yuppies who groan at the mere sight of failure or difficulty. There were times that I felt like a zombie rising from my bed and getting to work.  In the midst of all of that I think I lost the reason why I was working.

Most of us are not fortunate to immediately land the dream job that we want. When the real world rears its ugly head, we just cling to anything that can practically answer our needs. For me, I settled with anything that could give me a salary every twice a month. I realized that reason alone is never enough.

When the going gets tough, what is your 'why' that forces you to get up every morning? There will always be good days and bad days. But when sometimes the bad days tip the scale, what moves you to keep going? This 'why' will be your motivator to keep you moving forward, to swallow the difficult and know you will come out stronger after.

No comments:

Post a Comment