8.04.2014

Fab dogs at SM's PetExpo

I'm a huge animal lover. Animals can exude a different fluttering feeling once you come in contact with them. So when I saw that SM will hold a PetExpo, I just had to come over and see the fluffy furballs brimming with pedigree.

The PetExpo was from August 1-3, 2014. It was actually my first time to witness a dog show so it was also my chance to know how the whole shebang works. 

A little research (wikipedia) led me to find out that these kinds of dog shows are most known as conformation shows. Basically, the dog has to conform to the standards of what the judges' idea of the epitome beauty of its breed. Of course, the judges' ideas are subjective but I think they have seen more than great pedigree to pick out the best out of the rest.


When I saw this Shih Tzu I could only surmise that it's thinking"Bitch I'am fabulous".
The owner had to comb its hair every time it stops moving. 


These tiny pups are battling for the best toy dog category.


These furballs are fighting it out for the best show dog.

The dogs all were absolutely beautiful in their own ways. In my opinion, no one was greater than the next. Hmmmm, this got me thinking. Do human beauty pageants also have this in mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment