8.16.2014

Learning to love sunblocks

Who's here with me hating the icky feeling of sunblock on your face? Every time I apply the thing on my face I feel that my skin can't breath, my pores get clogged and acne starts forming on my face. The worst that I usually experience is when my sweat and the sunblock starts to mix (eewwwww). That's a recipe for acne right there. Sunblock is supposed to be as fundamental as applying lotion on our arms and legs. However, I just can't get past the icky feeling. I usually get convinced applying sunblock when I watch beauty gurus explain how important it is as it is our protection from harmful UV rays from the sun. I sometimes scare myself by watching videos like this one:


A few months back I bought this sunblock from Healthy Options


I love it because it's formulated specially for the face and it has a good SPF 30. Plus point for less harmful chemicals, as I am very picky and sensitive with whatever I apply on my skin. The thing that I just hate about it is it's too thick and icky. You'll also have to apply it every 2 hours as the effect starts to wear off during that time. I hate that the product gets built up on my face. Sometimes I wear BB cream especially when I'm out strolling in the mall. I just hate the idea that they get mixed up on my face. I used it only for a few weeks then stopped. Now Im finding every opportunity to apply the cream. The sun here in the Philippine is very unforgiving and basically you are letting your face out to fry when you're out not wearing sunblock.

Do you have techniques that you do to get past the icky feeling of sunblock?

No comments:

Post a Comment