10.08.2014

Review: Happa Massage & Spa

Massage and a little pampering are two of my little vices in life. I usually treat myself to massages when I feel my PMS starting to brew up. I recently found out for myself that it can improve my mood when I'm in this crazy cycle every month.

Happa Massage & Spa is my 5th search of trying the different spas available in the city (I'll be doing the reviews for the others soon). This day was particularly rough for me at work so impulsively I decided to treat myself to a massage to avoid becoming a cranky monster.

I opted to try Solaz Massage & Spa but I was surprised to know that their prices increased. Since it was a spur of the moment decision, I thought of not spending more than Php 250. 00 for the massage. So a little walk further and I found myself in Happa Massage & Spa



My experience

As I entered, I expected that a receptionist would greet me. Lo and behold, no one was there! Good thing there was a bell so I gave it a ring. After filling out some information and paying the fee, I first came to the comfort room to relieve myself. While I was passing though to the comfort room, there was a lady sitting there (so why wasn't anybody at the front desk?)

Anyway, you get to choose the scent of oil that will be used (lavender, vanilla, sweet orange, grapefruit, eucalyptus, there were two more that I forgot) I chose the grapefruit scent because it smelled sweet. I also chose the 1 hour Swedish massage.

After the foot soak, I prepared myself for the pampering. The masseuse's routine involved fast strokes, which lessened the relaxing experience. There were many times I was tempted to tell her to slow down but I was just too darn tired. I have yet to discover if the same applies to other Swedish massages for other salons but I just don't find it remarkable in Happa's.

Thumbs up

  • Their beds have lockers beneath them, so you can store your things without having to worry if someone will try to swipe your stuff.

Thumbs down

  • I kept hearing 2 ladies whispering, which was really annoying. I hate it when masseuses or employees who are not attending to customers talk to each other. They're actually disturbing the customers. 
  • I didn't feel the aroma of the massage oil. What was the point of letting me choose?
  • No free tea :(


My rating

Ambience: 3.8 out of 5- the place started a bit humid because they just turned the AC on when I entered. I also felt like I was in a semi- private ward because of the curtains (you just know those types of massage parlors). The beds were pretty good and I really liked the locker beneath the bed.

Relaxing factor: 3 out of 5- like I said, it wasn't that remarkable and I had a better experience elsewhere (I'll only give a 5 if the masseuse was able to put me to sleep because the massage was soo good)

Price: 3.5 out of 5- a bit pricey compared to other massage salons. The Swedish massage was the cheapest one.

Here's the price list of their services:


You can find them at Dr. #1 CelPaul Bldg., #71 GSIS Heights, McArthur Highway, Matina, Davao City

No comments:

Post a Comment