10.25.2014

Review: Saging Repablik


I don't know about you but I enjoyed my time at Saging Repablik (partly because it was a treat by my boyfriend's parents, -thanks!-). Initially, I thought it would be like Kasagingan along Torres Street (which is closed now by the way huhu).  

I love the modern- ish feel of the place. It's kind of like a mix of country and urban/modern/minimalist ambience.



monobloc chairs? I'm not sure about this.


When I scanned the place, the first thing that caught my eye is their souvenir shop. It's cool that they incorporated their merchandise in their cafe. They have shirts, bags, and mugs. The items' prices range Php 300. 00+





We found ourselves a table and the waiter handed us the menu. It was quite strange that we had to be seated, check the menu and go to the counter to place our orders. 

Here's their menu and prices:









I hope these are recycled because this will be a huge plus :)



I found their choice of utensils quirky and amusing. One thing's for sure: it's definitely something out of the box.

We ordered the banana cake, banana chips, turon, pasta ala cubana beef and chicken lollipops


The banana cake. It's light and fluffy, unlike the banana cake that's dense. Perhaps they can improve on the presentation? 


The banana chips. You would expect it to be sweet, like the ones you're used to. They are actually quite salty, like junk food. But the salty seasoning is not grainy. The texture of the salt is quite soft. I'd take this over junk food any day.


Pasta Ala Cubana Beef. First, the bread pieces are big so it makes you full. This has raisins so the last bite is a surprise of sweetness :)


Turon. You get three for Php 85. 00. Kind of pricey. The sauce thing is condensed milk and cheese.


Chicken lollipops. Here you have the chicken lollipops and bite- size banana pops. Quite an interesting combination.


More than anything else, I enjoyed the ambience of the place. The service was quite good, the waiter was quick and cheery.

My rating:

Ambience: 4 out 5. It's clean, spacious, quirky, and some of the stuff are upcycled (I hope)

Food: 3.8 out of 5: They can still improve more on their menu.

Price: 3 out 5: I have heard a lot of comments that this place is pricey. Maybe because for bananas they did not expect to pay Php 80. 00 +

You can find Saging Repablik at V. Mapa Street Davao City.

No comments:

Post a Comment