11.12.2014

Bet you haven't heard of Blitz Torte

Or maybe you have, if you're an avid foodie. At cafes or pastry shops people usually order chocolate moist cake, blueberry cheesecake, sans rival etc. But seeing a Blitz Torte in their menu, for me, is actually quite rare (cafes should really start serving this amazing treat).  Blitz Torte is a German dessert made of soft cake and meringue. 

I remember the first time I savored this delicious dessert. My officemate invited us to have lunch at her house because it was fiesta time. After we devoured our lunch I noticed my officemate was missing. When she came back, she had in her hands a box of Blitz Torte. We were all oooohhing and aaahhhing as our eyes feasted on the pastry and our hands itching to take a piece. And since that time I was in love with Blitz Torte.

I only know of one place that sells that box of Blitz Torte, and it is in Aracels in Calinan (it's crazy far from the downtown area). So if ever you're in Calinan (perhaps a stopover before going to the Philippine Eagle Center? ;) , go to Aracels and grab a box of Blitz Torte. The price is awesome- Php 230. 00/ box! I know I'll be ordering a box or two for Christmas.



P.S. if you know bake shops that sell Blitz Torte, please let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment