11.20.2014

Shine Moist Henna Wax

I have always wanted to add a hint of color to my jet-black hair but I'm not that brave enough to change it to bold colors. I was considering buying those bubble coloring thingies from Palty or Etude House or go with Revlon or Loreal hair coloring boxes. However, those can damage the hair and I don't want it to destroy mine. I remembered a classmate back in college that always had her hair in a vibrant color but I would always see it as shiny, not damaged. So I asked her what she was using and the told me it was Shine Moist Henna Wax.

I looked for this in every Watsons store that I visited but I just can't seem to find it. I read from other blogs that you can buy this from Hbc. So Hbc in Gaisano Mall I went and finally found it. It costs Php 199. 00 :)

Shine Moist Henna Wax is a hair cellophane- type of coloring. It conditions your hair, giving it a hint of color without having it endure harmful and smelly chemicals.

I chose Dark Brown (they only had black and the violet one) because I was still a bit scared of going for light colors.

My hair story:
If there was such a thing as a Virgin Mary hair then that would be the perfect description for mine. I rarely have salon treatments (even hot oil or cellophane). I haven't tried rebonding or perming it. No harmful chemical have touched it. I sometimes have a love- hate relationship with my hair. Black and straight can get really boring, and for times when I'm feeling this I capriciously decide to do something (cut or color it). Anyway, having it colored is really a challenge for me because it seems that my hair doesn't absorb any type of coloring.



When I arrived home I immediately tried the product. Upon opening the box, I got the vial, gloves, and a showercap. After following the instructions (shampoo hair and dry it to 75% (?). I applied it like I was applying conditioner. 

For coloring my hair, this was the wrong product for me. However, this is a great cellophane treatment that can really make your hair soft and smooth, so kudos on that. I felt like I just stepped out of salon :)

Maybe if I chose a lighter color it would show on my hair. I noticed that when I washed my hair streams of brown would flow with the wash.

In summary:

Pro:

  • It will make your hair smooth, I guarantee it.
  • It does give your hair a hint of color, I just chose the wrong one this time around.
  • It doesn't damage or make your hair dry.


Con:
  • It can get messy when applying it, especially if you have long hair.
  • The color that this product gives is short-lived. I'd give it 2-3 weeks tops.


Will I repurchase?
Maybe. I'll choose a lighter shade of brown next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment