10.23.2015

Daily Photo Challenge: Day 3- Haze and Graves

Some days ago I noticed how the Davao skies seem misty/ smoggy. I know my beloved city has clear and bright skies. I though I was the only one who noticed. Apparently the haze from the Indonesia forest fire reached all the way here. The forest fires are said to be caused by "slash-and-burn" method of clearing forests to make way for agricultural areas. Indonesia has a lot of carbon-rich peat forests- which is a very dense fuel source that aggravates the fire (further explanation here) .

Prolonged exposure to this haze will probably have a negative health effect in the long term. I hope this will be a wake up call for us to be more sensitive with how we treat the environment. Even the smallest actions can make great impacts. If we won't do anything, the place in the photo below will certainly become crowded.



Today was my grandmother's 10th death anniversary. We had a short get- together with my dad's side of the family at the cemetery. Time flies so fast. I just hope she's happy and peaceful with the Lord now.

Anyway. here's my practice landscape shot. I think the color can be improved. And there's no focal point- I have to work on that.


When I stepped off from our car, I noticed this shattered piece of glass. So I tried a contrast of texture shot (if that even makes sense). I think one of the wonders of photography is magnifying and portraying in a new light things that we ignore or don't seem important to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment