10.18.2015

How I got my Postal ID


The Postal ID is the quickest valid ID you can get. You'll need it for bank and other official transactions. If you work online like me, then definitely you'll need it for money transfers.



I applied for my ID last October 2, 2015. The lady at the post office said that it would take 30 working days before I'll receive it. But just 2 weeks passed and I heard Mr. Mailman's sweet voice delivering my ID. YAY!

So what you'll need are:
1. NSO Birth Certificate
2. Barangay Clearance (Police Clearance works too)- just make sure that the document has not expired.***
3. PhilPost Application For Postal ID form

Steps:
1. Have your birth certificate and barangay/police clearance photocopied.
2. Go to your nearest Post Office (I went to the Post Office in Qurinio Ave. near the Marco Polo Hotel)
3. Go to the counter for postal id application. Get an application form and fill it out.
4. You'll have to pay Php 414.00 (as of this writing) for the card and delivery fee.
5. Hand the documents to the employee, wait for your turn and have your ID and information taken.
6. The Post Office will deliver the ID to your address (It will take 30 working days daw, but I got mine in 2 weeks)

For the barangay clearance, just go to your location's barangay hall, pay for the tax and fees. After, they'll print out your barangay clearance.

It is only valid for 3 years so you'll have to renew it again. If you're married, bring your marriage certificate.

So yeah, this is really helpful! I suggest you get one (specially for fresh graduate, you'll need it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment