10.07.2015

[Review] Executive Cafe and Wine Galore

It was coworking day for me and (fortunately) 2 of my workmates who also live in Davao. We agreed to meet up once in a while and explore coffee shops and cafes around the metro.

I suggested that we try Executive Cafe and Wine Galore. It's located along Quirino Street (in front of Davao Doctor's Hospital, above BPI Quirino Branch)

When I pass by this area I would always look up and resolve to check the place out. From the outside the place really looked classy. Since it said 'wine' I had the impression this place is where yuppies would go and hang out after a long day at work.



I was surprised to find the place tiny. 


I was really confused the way this cafe is setup. Maybe I haven't been to a cafe that serves cocktails? Probably they should make up their mind if they want to be a cafe or a bar. A lot of students where there catching up on school work and studying. Maybe this would be a good place for them, though I could just imagine yuppies to be disappointed when they see the place full of students and their laptops.



Don't get me started on their menu. This chicken sandwich costs P75. Really? There's nothing special in it! Obviously it's just bread and some chicken spread they bought at the grocery. No plating. No presentation. 

'Wine Galore'? I didn't even see one wine bottle on their list!

Their menu is quite pricey too.

hot drinks (P50-P115), smoothies (P150-P160), sandwiches (P70-P90), cocktails (P120-P150). 

They have frozen margarita, frozen blue margarita, frozen daiquri, kamikaze, executive mojito, executive, mudslide, zombie, executive illusion, executive pinacolada. I can't imagine a group having drinks and the next table is full of students studying.

And oh! You'll have to pay P30 for charging your laptops.

Overall, I'm quite disappointed with my visit. Probably won't go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment